This international conference provides an opportunity to discuss pesticide (and biopesticide) application issues in an informal setting with platform and poster presentations. Key workers from research institutes, industry and regulatory authorities provide a unique mix of biological and engineering sciences.
Dr. Manuel Lainez Andres, General Director of INIA (Agricultural Research National Institute)
Mario De La Fuente (International Organisation of Vine and Wine (OIV), Paris, France)
Dr Karin M Nienstedt (DG Sante, European Commission, Brussels, Belgium)
Key topic areas for sessions include:
▪ Measuring and predicting sprayer performance
▪ Spray deposition and biological efficacy
▪ Quantifying spray parameters and standardised testing
▪ Precision application including matching the dose to target requirements
▪ Reducing off-target exposure, including drift, dust emissions, and bystander and resident exposure
▪ Spray physics and nozzle performance
▪ Tree and bush crop spraying
▪ Operator training and the Sustainable Use Directive
We have negotiated a special rate at the BCNEvents Hotel, near to the University (less than 10 minutes walk). This rate will be applicable until 13 October 15 at 66 euros per night for a single room and 76 euros per night for a double room. This rate includes VAT and breakfast, but not local city tax - 99 cents per night. To book directly with the hotel you can download the booking form. Instructions on how to book are on this form.
Our Partner, Conference care have negotiated preferential rates at the Pestana Arena, Barcelona, Click on the accommodation in Barcelona link to make a booking.
It is a 20 minute train ride from Barcelona to the University (the train station is very close by).